Lets be blunt. Choosing the best CPAP machine/sleep apnea machine for your needs can be outright confusing. It shouldn’t, and doesn’t, have to be this way. That is why we are here. We are going to go over the 6 best cpap machines.
There will be a mix in this list covering original CPAP machines, APAP (auto adjusting pressure) machines, and ones that are ready for travel. These will be the best, overall, to choose from based on features, quality, and most importantly, user reviews.
These are not listed in any particular order because there is NOT a one best machine due to too many different factors in sleep apnea patients.
To put it simply, one machine may be the best fit for you, but not for someone else. CPAP machine cost may vary greatly from $200 to $900 dollars based on features or popularity. Well, lets get to it!
Luna II Auto CPAP Machine
Introducing the Luna II Auto CPAP Machine – giving you a better night’s sleep. This revolutionary machine quickly and easily adjusts to your breathing rate, providing optimal levels of pressure throughout the night for maximum comfort.
With its intuitive design and innovative features, it ensures that you are getting the restful sleep you need to feel refreshed in the morning. Its whisper-quiet motor ensures peaceful slumber while its advanced built-in humidifier provides just enough moisture for those suffering from dry nasal passages.
DreamStation Auto 500
We had to add this one just because it has recently been a very popular choice. The Dreamstation Auto 500 is a auto adjusting machine and probably the best for the price.
It is small, light, quiet, and very elegant similar to the Airsense (has the nice display).
It also had a sd card slot for saving your sleep info, bluetooth capabilities and an app called dreammapper to help monitor and give you data on your sleep even more.
The best thing is it is way cheaper and has optional humidifier capabilities as well.
The Dreamstation Auto 500 is definitely worth your look if you are into having a nice, sleek, great working apap machine at a great price.
RESmart CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
The name is a lot to say, but we wanted to make sure we got it right because this cpap machine has a lot to say also. This is another budget friendly machine that includes a humidifier, has RESlex exhalation relief to make exhaling easier against the airflow, and stores data that can be accessed via iCode.
- Pressure relief – A machine changing pressure when you exhale is a big feature and this machine has it. This is big because it offers more comfort when breathing out.They coined their own term for this on this machine and called it RESlex. It can be adjusted from 0, 1, 2, or 3 with the 3 setting being the largest drop in airflow while exhaling. This an excellent feature for beginners who are trying to get used to their sleep apnea machine.
- Data – The machine can and will give you a code/iCode so that you can look it up online to see what it means. This is a good way to track your data to see all the small variables like average pressure in a 4 hour period, snore index, Apnea-Hypopnea Index (AHI), and a few others. This information will be saved on the machine for up to 365 days.
- Auto Settings – It has a auto on-off feature that can detect when there is breathing in the mask or not. If there is it will stay on and if there isn’t it will automatically turn off.It has an auto altitude adjustment up to 8200 feet similar to the Transcend mentioned above. It has a Power Off alert if power to the machine is interrupted.Then lastly, it has an auto leak alert that will let you know if or when there is a leak present.
- Humidifier – The included humidifier (seen in the picture) can be snapped on and used the same power source the machine does. It can be adjusted from 1 – 5 levels of humidification based on your needs.
For the money, this cpap machine is hard to beat with all the features it is packed with. There are just not many machines, if any, out there that stores data, comes with a humidifier, and has a pressure relief setting like this one does at the low price. This is why it makes the “best” list.
The Resmed Airmini is a revolutionary sleep aid that provides users with deep, restorative rest. Its compact, lightweight design fits perfectly into any luggage and offers unmatched comfort wherever you go.
With its intuitive design, it’s easy to use and quickly gets you the deep sleep you need. The advanced AutoSet algorithm works with your body to provide personalized therapy while monitoring your breathing patterns throughout the night for optimal results.
It is the world’s smallest, most compact auto, most powerful and portable CPAP machine. Get ready to say goodbye to your snoring days!
This groundbreaking device is designed with convenience in mind, providing you with all the comfort of a regular sized CPAP machine while taking up less space.
With its easy-to-use intuitive controls and long battery life, this revolutionary product allows you to get a great night’s sleep anywhere and anytime.
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP Machine
This is a top of the line cpap machine and to get this kind of quality and features. The Airsense 10 CPAP is so costly because of all the features it has.
Mainly, because the awesome autoset feature that will automatically do lots of things that you don’t have to anymore, such as turning the unit on or off.
- Autoset – Lets go ahead and talk about the best thing about this sleep machine. It should be called the lazy machine due to you don’t have to do nothing but put your mask on and lay down at night.You do not have to turn it on as it senses when the mask is on and you don’t have to turn it off for the same reason. It also automatically senses when you are asleep and once it does, it can turn the pressure up.This is optional of course. It also has an auto light sensor for the display so it will not blind you at night. So, speaking in ease of use, this machine tops the charts in that area.
- Humidifier – It comes with a humidifier that can be used optionally with 9 different levels of humidity
- LED Display – It has a sleek LED display that shows all types of therapy data and will even tell you if the mask is not put on properly.
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR) – Like some of the other machines, this also has exhaled air relief. It detects how you are exhaling and adjusts the pressure to make it more comfortable to breathe out.
- Wifi – It has a wifi connection so that you can easily transfer the data over the internet to any of your devices.
- SD Slot – It also comes with a SD card and slot so that you can record any data you like and easily transfer to any pc with a sd card slot.
- 2 Year Warranty – Resmed knows you paid quite a bit for this unit and they offer a 2 year warranty to back your purchase
It is fairly evident why this machine makes the “best” list. It has just about anything you can think of on a sleep machine (even the appearance is top notch!). Of course, all these fancy features come at a much higher price, but if you like luxury, this is about as luxury as it gets. Resmed also makes an APAP machine in this same model.
IntelliPAP Standard Travel CPAP Machine
This machine comes with many highlights with the main ones being durability and it being one of the best portable machines on the market. DeVilbiss has been around quite a while and they know how to make a machine that can stand the test of time.
If you are looking for the “Toyota”(Toyota’s last, we know that!) of cpap machines, this may be a great fit for you.
- Warranty – Just to prove that DeVilbiss is confident in their product, they offer an amazing 5 year warranty on this product. This speaks volumes about the quality of pride they take in the IntelliPAP.
- Durable – They build this unit super tough for travel, no matter where you may go. It is water resistant. Lets say that again. It is water resistant. This feature alone will sell to many outdoorsy types of people.It has a stainless steel heat transfer plate. Also has a water chamber built of Lexan for an optional humidifier. The chamber is designed for a full 8 hours sleep even with the humidifier setting turned to the highest setting (8).
- Data – Stores therapy up to 90 days and up to 3 years of usage data. This data can be stored to an SD card.
- Altitude – It has an automatic altitude adjustment like the other machines
- Ramp – It has a ramp feature like the others that can slowly increase the pressure as you fall asleep.
- LCD – Has a backlit lcd display that has an easy to follow menu that also will show you remind alerts.
- Quiet – One of the quietest machines on the market. Users rave about this machine being extremely quiet.
- Portable – Can be used with backup batteries and is small., compact, and durable to make mobility a huge feature of this machine.
This machine makes the “best” list due to it’s durability and warranty that backs the product. This is one of, if not the, toughest cpap machines available. If you are looking for a sleep machine that will last you for many years to come, then this machine is definitely for you.
This IntelliPAP unit is also made as an APAP machine if you need APAP capabilities.
Summing It Up
We told you there is no such thing as a one best cpap machine and hopefully after reading the features of all these awesome units, you will see why we said that.
It was very difficult narrowing down the selection to the best 6, but all these above are definitely at the top of their game in different areas.
The way you can narrow down your choice between these is fairly simple. What feature is most important to you and suits you for your sleep life? Is it basic and low cost? Is it luxury with all the bells and whistles? Is it dependability and durability? Is it portable and mobility?
These are questions that only you can answer and once you answer those, the choice should be simple.
We hope we didn’t overwhelm you, but trust us, there are way too many cpap machines out there and we narrowed it down to just 6! There are definitely some more out there that could compete with these and arguably be just as good, or better ,depending on the person.
We didn’t want to add 4 more and make it 10 just because that is a lot to read and take in for a single article.
Good luck on your CPAP machine choice. You will be fine!